Renee Minx | somatic and trauma therapist.
My style of therapy centers around allowing folks to feel comfortable in their body rather than getting stuck in their thoughts, growing a sense of self-compassion and healing past wounds that are affecting their daily reactions and relationships utilizing visualization techniques and research proven methods such as IFS, mindfulness + EMDR.
I received my Masters of Social Work degree from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. In 2016, I founded a project called Bears Share Care which raised awareness of abuse through social media and sent resources to survivors of abuse all around the world. Because of this project, I spoke at a TEDx event on Stopping the Cycle of Abuse.
“Nobody cares how much you know, until they know how much you care.”
THERE IS POWER IN STORY…
I have been in recovery from trauma since August 5, 2014. To heal, I utilized a holistic approach and community support. Childhood abuse contributed to my trauma symptoms, depressive/anxious mood and addiction struggles. I have worked incredibly hard through therapy and healthy relationships to heal and eventually thrive. The road to feeling safe in my body was long but I learned a whole lot. It is possible to move from unimaginable pain and feeling totally lost to a successful life that you love with people that you love. I now am internally content, a world traveler, adore my work, my animals and the people in my life.
what is my style as a therapist?
- the feedback I receive most often from clients is “I felt so comfortable with you right away”
- I am attachment-based, meaning I will help you connect current patterns to past patterns
- I am an active participant in therapy with you, I am paying attention 🙂
- I am a compassion + strength-based therapist AND will be direct with you when needed
- the therapeutic relationship is the most important part of the process
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (gained by 5 years of undergraduate college education > 3 years of graduate school > 2 years of licensed supervision > approved trainings and board approval)
- Clinical Supervisor # 21538
- NPI # 1023667748
- Fully EMDR Trained, 2019-Present
- Reiki I and Reiki II Certified Practitioner, Reiki by Renee, Feb 2017-Present
- NCI-Prevention Certified, 2011-Present
- Professional Teacher Licensure, Special Education, 2016-2019
- Former clinical director at Oasis Recovery Center
- Keynote Alumni Speaker for UNC Substance Use & Addiction Graduation, 2020
- Governor’s Institute Scholar, 2018-2019
- Guilford County Solution to the Opioid Problem, Volunteer, 2018
- Meditation Teacher – Publish Guided Meditations, YouTube, Dec 2018-Present
- Speaker at TEDx Guilford College; Stop the Cycle of Abuse, Heal Yourself 2016
I believe you have found my website for a reason. I have worked with hundreds of folks who began therapy feeling lost and left experiencing a greater sense of compassion, relief, clarity and confidence.
I am available for in person sessions in Morgantown, WV and virtual sessions anywhere in North Carolina or West Virginia. Reach out to set up a free consultation to get you started. There is hope and you are worth investing the time and energy to live a more fulfilling life. Currently, I have limited spots available for new clients so reach out now! I can’t wait to meet you 🙂